Sunday, January 22, 2012

Peculiar

India has little peculiarities. India has giant pecularites, but there are little ones as well. Today I ate rose ice-cream, watched the security guard chase cows out of the dorm lawn area, and hung out with the buddhist monk while he played computer solitaire.

When I returned from shopping my roommate and I got to drink earl grey out of our new mugs and dip pinapple cookies in them for our afternoon tea :)

Peculiar :)

On a the bigger side of things, (less peculiar, more fun)  I have only two and a half days of school this week. Then nine of us jump a bus for Chennai, a  coastal town thirteen hours away. This weekend is Republic Day and school has been canceled. We have a four day weekend to sit on the beach and explore Chennai and drice to Pondecherry, an old French colony town also on the coast. We will get to go swimming in the Bay of Bengal in a matter of days :) The last time I was in the Indian Ocean I was in Kenya, so I'm excited to see this part of it.

Tommorrow I start my Urdu lessons, which means that I will be spending more time in the muslim area of town to practice speaking. These are three adorable boys we met last weekend when we were visiting there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment